Raymond’s Revue Bar

Raymond’s Soho alley to be offices

Paul Raymond's Revue Bar 1958An area of Soho that was once known as the “world centre of erotic entertainment” is to be turned into offices and restaurants.

The late porn baron Paul Raymond opened Britain’s first strip club Revue Bar in Walker’s Court in 1958. It closed in 2004 but the alley is still home to sex shops and a cabaret club.

Raymond’s granddaughters Fawn and India Rose James have hired architects to draw up plans for the re-development and are preparing to put them to the Westminster council.